User Reviews & Ratings - Red Yeast Rice (RED YEAST)

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Red Yeast Rice (RED YEAST).

«Red Yeast Rice (RED YEAST) Information

See products with Red Yeast Rice (RED YEAST)

8/15/2014 9:37:43 PM

Reviewer: MsJulie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I started taking RYR as recommended by my doctor when I told her I did not want to take Lipitor as I heard that causes diabetes. I took 1200 mg per day and in 6 months dropped my from 216 to 182. I then decided to only take 600 mg and my cholesterol went back up! Therefore, I'm now back to taking 1200 mg. Dosage matters!

8/11/2014 2:33:41 PM

Reviewer: MerryMari, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
This helps lower my cholesterol. It's important to buy Citrinin-free red yeast rice to protect kidneys. Solaray is the only brand I know that is Citrinin-free. It's available with our without COQ10.

8/1/2014 12:15:19 PM

Reviewer: bluefalcon, 65-74 Female (Consumer)

Comment:
Been using RRY for 12 mos. After 6 mos. my total cholesterol was down 63 pts. LDL down 52, HDL up 14. Triglycerides up 8. Some aches in femur of both legs and no other side effects. But PLEASE PEOPLE, remember that even tho this is an OTC supplement (not a vitamin), RRY is still a statin. Most Rx statins are derived from this natural product. It can and does (for some people) have the same side ... Show Full Comment

7/16/2014 8:27:02 AM

Reviewer: Bellyache, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
It gave me diarrhea for3days made me soon sick

7/6/2014 8:34:06 PM

Reviewer: Vicki S, 45-54 Female (Consumer)

Comment:
I took 1200 mg RYR at bedtime for one month. During this time I developed severe leg cramps. I also had stomach cramps and I developed a rash on my face. Fatigue followed. I stopped taking it and all symptoms went away. I did not know about the possible side effects until just prior to discontinuing the supplement. I was attributing the problems to my diet and exercise regimen. It turned out to b ... Show Full Comment

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber