User Reviews & Ratings - Red Yeast Rice (RED YEAST)

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Red Yeast Rice (RED YEAST).

«Red Yeast Rice (RED YEAST) Information

See products with Red Yeast Rice (RED YEAST)

4/16/2015 3:16:24 AM

Reviewer: Veronica , 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I took this for 3 months for high cholesterol. My cholesterol dropped 40 points was very pleased with that. Downside... I have had muscle spasms and uncontrollable twitching /jumping they call restless leg syndrome (guess they ran out of big words). They cannot find anything wrong with me now. They don't know whar causes this but I know it didn't start until I started taking red ri ... Show Full Comment

4/7/2015 2:50:35 PM

Reviewer: spartaclay, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
WOW! HORRIBLE REACTION!! I took this Red Yeast Rice for over a year to lower cholesterol, may have helped a bit. BUT, I believe it is what caused my gallbladder to go haywire. Emergency surgery, was told I had a 1 in 3 chance of making it of surgery (I'm in fine health otherwise) gallbladder was septic and calcified--TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Prescribed by my MD.

3/13/2015 3:26:48 PM

Reviewer: Dancer , 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
I am a 54 yo female in excellent physical condition. Routine blood work showed a 100+ increase in total cholesterol. Triglycerides and LDL also went up. The change in bloods may be due to the stress of my husband's sudden death 1.5 years prior. I took a combination of red yeast rice and omega-3. Triglycerides and LDL remain high.

2/3/2015 7:21:55 PM

Reviewer: Polwop, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Consumer)

Comment:
2400 mg daily. No side effects. Reduced high cholesterol significantly. Product brand is PURITAN'S PRIDE.

1/23/2015 9:26:21 PM

Reviewer: AMC, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I have an extremely low tolerance to medications - had severe side effects with everything prescribed. Tried Red Yeast Rice store brand - not much success. Tried Coratin made by Metagenics - it has plant sterol combination - within 3 months my overall cholesterol went from 246 to 188. I do pay attention to my diet as well, but I had been doing that even with the 246 level. So far I have had no ... Show Full Comment

St Johns wart