User Reviews & Ratings - RED YEAST

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of RED YEAST.

«RED YEAST Information

See products with RED YEAST

7/31/2015 3:26:03 PM

Reviewer: pj1940, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
    I started taking RYR 900mg 9 days ago. I had to stop after experiencing the same symptoms which I had with Simvastatin. Flu like symptoms, headache, muscle ache, joint and pain in foot along with leg calf cramping. The brand was Doctor vitamin store .

7/21/2015 6:08:05 AM

Reviewer: Vic, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:

Reason for taking: Cholesterol
    6/15/2015 1:26:34 AM

Reviewer: Lucy, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
    I'd been prescribed a statin for my high cholesterol but I experienced erratic and scary pulse rates, so I stopped taking it. When I asked my regular medical Dr. about possible natural medications, he told me about Red Yeast Rice (1200 mg./per day) and CoQ-10 (300 mg./day)- which I took together. I've had no negative side effects and have been very happy with the results. Within 3 month ... Show Full Comment

6/11/2015 9:54:28 PM

Reviewer: EAM, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
    I have taken RYR 1200mg daily for a month. My Dr. said it was ok to try since I can't take statins. I let time lapse between taking other medications and always took it with food. I started noticing muscle pain and difficulty walking after a month but didn't associate it with the RYR until I'd stopped taking it a couple of days then remembered reading it could present the same side eff ... Show Full Comment

5/30/2015 9:18:27 AM

Reviewer: Nanjie, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
    I've been taking LipiTonic by Karuna for several weeks. Don't know yet if it's affected my cholesterol levels but it has turned my stools black!! I can't find any reference to that side effect and am wondering if anyone else has had that experience?

vitamin rich groceries
    Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
    St Johns wart
    Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?