User Reviews & Ratings - Red Yeast Rice (RED YEAST)

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Red Yeast Rice (RED YEAST).

«Red Yeast Rice (RED YEAST) Information

See products with Red Yeast Rice (RED YEAST)

4/16/2013 10:58:46 PM

Reviewer: Dakota, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
My LDL was high and my HDL was low. I had serious side effects with statins. Reseached RYR and decided to get on it. My LDL is now 93, was 141, my HDL is 61 and my triglerides from 140 to 86. I take 1200mg twice a day. I swear by this stuff. No more nasty side effects.

4/11/2013 11:03:46 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
Lowered all my cholesterol - 3 tablets/day expensive but worth it - didn't like taking statins.

4/2/2013 8:53:29 PM

Reviewer: Anonym, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I had tried a Benecol drink before Red Yeast Rice. I took Benecol for 1 year but it did not change my cholesterol levels at all. Since taking Red Yeast Rice(1200mg/day), my serum cholesterol has gone down 2% per year. My HDL (good cholesterol) has gone up 4% a year and LDL down about 5.5% a year. I have been taking it for 3-4 years. I am now taking one 2500mg capsule per day, but I haven't ... Show Full Comment

3/29/2013 3:02:35 PM

Reviewer: jimbo, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:

Reason for taking: Cholesterol
3/26/2013 7:59:37 AM

Reviewer: choless, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
Cholesterol was 252. Taking 1200 ml a day dropped to 211.

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber