Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

User Reviews & Ratings - VITAMIN D

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of VITAMIN D.

«VITAMIN D Information

See products with VITAMIN D

9/20/2015 2:33:43 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female (Consumer)

Comment:
I take 50,000 IU 2x week for 8 weeks. On 4th week. I have graves and ITP. RAI 30 years ago so now I'm hypothyroid. I had so much pain, no energy, awful pain in feet,, weight gain brain fog etc. I have had so many tests, scans etc. and nothing showed up. It got to the point I could barely function. GP kept pushing antidepressants. Finally my hematologist who treats my platelets tested Vit D le ... Show Full Comment

12/1/2014 12:29:05 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
Years with persistent headache caused by Vitamin D deficiency. Relief 2 weeks after starting Vitamin D supplements.

7/20/2013 3:22:33 PM

Reviewer: sonya, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
This is in response to the person whose daughter is going through allergy symptoms. I found the vitamind3 capsule from target very effective. I am a mom of a soon to be 3 year old and I never felt this better during past 3 years. I have hypothyroidism and on top of it pregnancy made it worse. Sun light is the essential thing for human body. Our life styles do not allow its natural form to reac ... Show Full Comment

11/25/2011 7:15:51 PM

Reviewer: Selfdiagnose, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
I live in sunny SoCal so the sun or my body's processing of vit D wasn't doing such a good job. For approximately 2 years I had been experiencing general body aches and pains. It got to the point where I could barely walk at night due to excrutiating pain in both feet upon getting out of bed to use the bathroom. My doctor took blood tests (but not for vit D), sent me to a rheumatologist. ... Show Full Comment

11/3/2011 11:46:37 AM

Reviewer: sannaricano, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
Vitamin D deficiency, both my husband & I. I have lots of health issues that this could help with. Some are talking about taking 5000 wanted to see if there are side effects at high dosages.

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?