Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

User Reviews & Ratings - VITAMIN D

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of VITAMIN D.

«VITAMIN D Information

See products with VITAMIN D

6/14/2011 7:22:29 PM

Reviewer: Jackie, 35-44 Female (Consumer)

Comment:
Unsure what to do? Diagnosed as having hypothyroidism about 1 yr ago. Taking synthroid. Feeling so tired and muscles fatigue and ache so easily. Just found out my Vit D level is 10(range 30-50) TSH alittle off too. Dr is increasing synthroid but wants me to take 50000u of Vit D 2x a week for 12 weeks. After reading other peoples posts, I am really concerned about all the side effects :( I don' ... Show Full Comment

5/26/2011 10:06:51 PM

Reviewer: AT-9ng, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
(PRE-TREATMENT POST) Just had my annual physical exam today. VIT D deficient: 9 ng/mL (very low!). Been feeling little depressed lately, little bit more irritable, can't sleep well, and feel muscle and joint pains. My doctor didn't want to prescribe Vit D2/50,000 IU since I had a kidney stone problem in the past & I'm still under a care of a urologist. She prescribed Vit D3/2,0 ... Show Full Comment

5/25/2011 2:29:59 PM

Reviewer: Another anonymous poster, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I don't know if it's the Vit D or what, but since taking 1000 iu daily, my knee hurts and yesterday, my hip/leg started aching. Am currently looking for info on Vit D sensitivity and/or overdose...came to this site first and decided to post. I heard about Vit D on the Dr. Oz show. I get these pills at Costco, mfg by Nature Made.

5/23/2011 9:25:05 AM

Reviewer: daynalink, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
April 4, I had bloodwork for the Vitamin D deficeny and sure enough it was low 14. Dr put me on 50,000IU a week for 8 weeks. I was taking it every Tuesday, had to switch to Sundays because of the horrendous side effects. 1 hr after taking it, I feel blah and weak then in the middle of the night I wake up with severe cramping w/urges to go to the bathroom and there's nothing. The next 24-36 ... Show Full Comment

5/1/2011 5:08:24 PM

Reviewer: Jim, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
I recently had blood work and the Dr called me and said my Vitamin D levels was low. He told be to take an OTC 2000iu each day until my next visit. By day three, I stopped using this supplement. Bloating, gas, abdominal pain, all affecting sleep patterns. I think I'll spend more time in the sun! BTW I felt great before my physical.

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?