Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

User Reviews & Ratings - MELATONIN

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of MELATONIN.

«MELATONIN Information

See products with MELATONIN

10/15/2015 7:29:04 PM

Reviewer: LotusDancer, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I am old (71) and also have ADD, both leading to sleep onset disorder. I take Melatonin about 20 minutes before retiring and I find I slowly grow sleepy, sleep soundly for about 6 hours, then less soundly until I get up. I feel refreshed and alert when starting my morning. I have also noticed an improvement in healing time as well as overnight clearing of things like small cysts, sores, even bruis ... Show Full Comment

9/28/2015 9:57:46 AM

Reviewer: vrystal, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Caregiver)

Comment:
wonderful

9/25/2015 1:56:13 PM

Reviewer: Supergranny, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I started taking 5mg a few months ago. I only used it a couple of times a week at first and it worked fine. This last month however, I took it every night. During all this time I had diarrhea which is not normal for me at all. I didn't relate to the melatonin because I never heard of it causing diarrhea. At first the diarrhea was off and on, I guess because I only took the melatonin twice a we ... Show Full Comment

9/17/2015 11:26:29 PM

Reviewer: Gibbler, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
I took this one night only. Within minutes it was like all cylinders were firing at once. Flashes of light and it was like tiny neurons or something were firing left, right and centre in my brain for hours. I swore I could feel them zigzagging through my skull. Couldn't make it stop. Was up all night holding my head to try to make them stop. Never again will I try this drug.

9/1/2015 1:36:32 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
Worked really well at first but once hot flashes and night sweats started, it was ineffective even at a higher dose.

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?