User Reviews & Ratings - MELATONIN

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of MELATONIN.

«MELATONIN Information

See products with MELATONIN

5/26/2014 1:09:21 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
the best sleep I've ever had, and my migraines are gone. this has been the best over the counter medication I have ever use. I love melatonin and only take 2 milligrams per night for the last 2 years.

3/14/2014 10:44:25 AM

Reviewer: Babyduck, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I take melatonin an hour before bedtime and find it most effective. Feel rested in the morning. I may cut the dosage from 3mg to 1.5 because I'm slightly groggy when I wake up. I take blood pressure medication and wonder about interaction.

2/25/2014 8:00:17 PM

Reviewer: julie, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
good

Reason for taking: Insomnia
2/18/2014 3:03:55 PM

Reviewer: anonymous, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I used melatonin (5 mg) at bedtime every night for 3 months. It didn't help. When I started to wean off of it, and was completely off of it, it messed with my menstrual cycle that month. Caused me to have 2 periods in the same month (and I am very regular). I have since read studies on it and see that I am not the only one who has experienced this. It's a hormone so it makes sense (hindsig ... Show Full Comment

2/14/2014 1:08:10 PM

Reviewer: CharlieFFoxtrot, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I have tried Melatonin many times, in doses of 3, 6, and 10mg. Sometimes it works well, then the next night, no sleep and the next day I feel anxious, nauseous, sleepy, and/or fatigued. The quickest cure to the aftereffects I have found is 30 min. on the treadmill. I have been having trouble sleeping partly due to concerns about my health, and the Melatonin hasn't really helped much. I wis ... Show Full Comment

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber