User Reviews & Ratings - MELATONIN

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of MELATONIN.

«MELATONIN Information

See products with MELATONIN

7/19/2012 2:01:53 PM

Reviewer: jmg, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I've been on Melatonin for a couple years now and I'm still trying to find the right dose. I've had trouble falling asleep since I was a teen, lying in bed an hour or more before falling asleep. The Melatonin helps me fall asleep within minutes of my head hitting the pillow, but then I wake up after 4-5 hours with a full bladder and sometimes I can't get back to sleep. Taking more ... Show Full Comment

6/28/2012 8:26:55 AM

Reviewer: Janet Kintz-Early, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I experienced extreme irritability and moderate grogginess. These symptoms didn't wear off until 6pm. Thinking it was an isolated incident I waited several days and tried again with the same results. I was very disappointed that this wasn't a good choice for me.

6/21/2012 9:19:11 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:

Reason for taking: Insomnia
6/11/2012 4:45:33 PM

Reviewer: 54 Lynn, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
For people who have vivid dreams or nightmares using Melatonin, most say they are taking 5-10 mg. Cutting back on dosage would help. the optimal is 3mg or less. Higher mg's are not usually helpful or more effective. I purchased 5mg by mistake one time and also had vivid dreams all night.

6/4/2012 6:03:47 PM

Reviewer: KatBoz, 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I took this at night time, because my mother made me. She did not review any of the side effects and I doubt that she even thought that it could have a bad reaction with my ADD medication, 40mg Vyvanse in pill form. The Melatonin caused me to stay awake all night, oddly, which is the opposite of what it is supposed to do. Usually, I get around a few hours of sleep, early in the morning, because of ... Show Full Comment

St Johns wart