User Reviews & Ratings - XYLITOL

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of XYLITOL.

«XYLITOL Information

See products with XYLITOL

9/5/2013 7:57:23 AM

Reviewer: HealthSeeker, 55-64 Female (Consumer)

Comment:
I have enjoyed chewing a Xylitol containing gum for a year or so. Often when I feel stressed I will chew many pieces close together. Last night I chewed 22 pieces close together, probably chewing 48 pieces in the day. I estimate that the 22 pieces contained 16 grams of Xylitol. After that I developed a horrible burning in my chest and back running down my digestive tract into my stomach. Perh ... Show Full Comment

4/11/2013 6:19:16 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
Used as a nasal spray to reduce sinus infections and shrink polyps.

4/10/2013 10:12:45 PM

Reviewer: Mvolek, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I started substituting sugar with this in my sweet tea. Never again. Diarrhea all night and into the morning

12/27/2012 11:38:12 AM

Reviewer: xylitol, 75 or over Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
clear phlegm from nose & throat

11/23/2012 5:01:27 PM

Reviewer: Jambo, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I used Xylitol as a sweetener in pumpkin pie. I only had two bites of the half of a normal pie piece, but didn't think it was all that great--too sweet. That night I had horribe diahrrea and cramps. Awful. I'm not sure if it was the Xylitol, but could think of nothing else I ate out of the ordinary.

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber