User Reviews & Ratings - MAGNESIUM

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of MAGNESIUM.

«MAGNESIUM Information

See products with MAGNESIUM

4/14/2011 1:53:54 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
I have struggled with constipation my whole life and found that taking a magnesium supplement to be the most effective treatment I have ever found!

1/5/2011 6:45:16 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
developed side effects on day two. Frequent loose stooling in small amounts (so yes, took care of constipation but did not want this either), stomach upset with nausea, headache and nasal fullness. So you may need to work with dosage that you can tolerate. Took 3 (250mg) tabs which is not considered on high dosage end at all but still had side effects.

9/24/2010 9:57:47 AM

Reviewer: snturner, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I have had chronic constipation for about a year and a half. Over the counter laxatives do nothing, even at 4 times the recommended dosage. Even the prescription meds have stopped worked. After all the medical tests and procedures, still only have about 1 BM ever 10 days. I think the issue is a result of nerve damage from having 3 disks removed from my neck and lower back surgery. I went to an acu ... Show Full Comment

7/8/2010 12:27:23 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year

Comment:
i take narcotics that cause constipation,this helps me alot.i take about 500mg daily.

10/8/2009 10:03:30 PM

Reviewer: catilley1092, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
Since 2006, I have suffered from constipation due to heavy narcotic intake. I had a four level lumbar fusion which left me in more pain than prior to surgery. Stool softners, colace, exlax and duculax provided little relief to me. My mother-in-law suggested that I take magnesium. As always, I spoke with my doctor about this and he told me that it may help me, not only with this condition, but my b ... Show Full Comment

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber