50 Great Things About Women Over 50
Why Women Over 50 Love Their Age
Women Over 50 Are Freer continued...
6. In their 50s, women realize they
don't have to have a mate. They realize it's OK not to have a
date everywhere you go. -- N. O'Reilly
7. You know that the clock is the great
leveler. Those 20-somethings with their perfect bodies, looking at yours with
pity, will someday have their own cellulite to contend with. -- C.
8. You get new hair, new clothes, to
match who you want to be. You don't feel old, look old, or
act old. -- S. Mitchell
9. Nobody's going to fault her for using
Botox, dermabrasion, getting a nip and tuck. She can be who she wants to be.
She can be a redhead one week, a blonde the next. You can tell her you like or
don't like it -- but that doesn't mean she's going to follow your advice. --
Women Over 50 Are Powerful
10. A world of opportunities opens up when you turn 50. Today,
there are entire web sites, companies, and services devoted to the over-50
demographic. Find your niche in that market. -- S. Mitchell
11. Women over 50 are a powerful market force in today's
economy. Women buy 80% of consumer goods and services, and among the 80 million
baby boomers, that's power. -- N. O'Reilly
12. Women over 50 are president, CEO, and the star of their own
lives. If you have the attitude that life is precious, that life is grandiose,
that you don't want to waste any time, you will make this quality time. --
13. The entrepreneurial spirit is booming in 50-year-old women.
She's following her dreams, starting her own business. She's forming
partnerships with other women's businesses. She knows that collaboration is a
valuable part of being successful. -- N. O'Reilly
Women Over 50 Are Self-Assured
14. You know what you like and what you don't like. If someone
is trying to talk you into wearing pink because it's trendy, you don't let them
influence you. There's wonderful self-trust when you hit 50. -- C.
15. You've learned that you can depend on yourself and you are
open to new opportunities. You can accept change, tackle life, and move on.
-- S. Mitchell
16. There's no such thing as "dressing 50." We're past the
point when someone can say you're dressing too young. Women know themselves,
what looks good on them, and dress to complement the assets they have. -- N.