Women's Top 5 Sexual Fantasies and What They Mean
Patients often ask me if sexual daydreams are normal. They are! Here's what the most common ones say about you.
By Hilda Hutcherson, M.D.
1. Sex with another man (usually he's a celebrity). This doesn't mean you're dissatisfied with your real sex life, just that you're excited by new experiences — and, of course, gorgeous stars.
2. Ménage à trois. If you're picturing yourself with two men, you want to be adored and doted on — heck, maybe even fought over. Thinking about yourself and your guy with another woman ignites the very sexy idea that other ladies find your guy attractive too.
3. Domination. This fantasy allows you to engage in sexual stuff that may seem taboo, without any guilt. Seeing yourself as submissive can signify a desire for a loss of control; freedom from responsibility is thrilling!
4. Sex with a woman. No, this doesn't necessarily mean you're questioning your sexuality. It shows that you appreciate the sexiness of the female form (we are gorgeous) — and that you're open-minded about pleasure.
5. Last but not least: Sex with your guy. This is the most common fantasy for women. It's usually more exciting than your average roll in the hay — say, a replay of your hot honeymoon. And it simply means that sex with your partner turns you on. What a great thing!
Hilda Hutcherson, M.D., is a clinical professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Columbia University's College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York City and the author of Pleasure.
Originally published on August 19, 2010
Related content on redbookmag.com