Your Staying Healthy Checklist
Trying to pump up your healthy habits? Try these steps to start -- or keep -- living a healthy life!
- Eat fruits, vegetables, and whole grains every day.
- Weigh yourself once a week. If you need to lose weight, track what you eat with a food diary.
- Take a multivitamin each day.
- Wash your hands a lot. Sing "Happy Birthday" twice and you'll have scrubbed long enough.
- Get a flu shot every year.
- Don’t smoke or use tobacco. Need a boost in quitting? Ask your doctor about products or programs that can help.
- Drink alcohol only in moderation. That's no more than one drink a day for women, two for men.
- Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night.
- Take a brisk 10-minute walk, three times a day. Aim for a total of 150 minutes per week.
- Drink plenty of water. What's enough? Your pee should be clear or slightly yellow.
- Take a break and de-stress. Take deep breaths or meditate.
- Do something with friends or family. Meet for coffee, make a date with your partner, go to the park together.