Heavy Menstrual Periods - Symptoms
When you have heavy periods, you may:
When to call for help
Call your doctor now or seek immediate medical care if:
- You are passing clots of blood and soaking through your usual pads or tampons every hour for 2 or more hours.
- You are dizzy or lightheaded, or you feel like you may faint.
- You think you have anemia.
Watch closely for changes in your health, and be sure to contact your doctor if:
- Your heavy periods are disrupting your life.
- You do not get better as expected.