Menstrual Cramps - Check Your Symptoms
Call 911 anytime you think you may need emergency care. For example, call if:
- You passed out (lost consciousness).
Call your doctor now or seek immediate medical care if:
- You have sudden, severe pain in your belly or pelvis.
- You have severe vaginal bleeding. This means that you are soaking through your usual pads or tampons every hour for 2 or more hours and passing clots of blood.
- You are dizzy or lightheaded, or you feel like you may faint.
Watch closely for changes in your health, and be sure to contact your doctor if:
- You think you may be pregnant.
- You have new belly or pelvic pain.
- You are taking pain medicine, but it is not helping.
- You feel weak and tired.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.