50 Great Things About Women Over 50
Why Women Over 50 Love Their Age
Women Over 50 Have More Fun continued...
24. We've learned that being older is the perfect excuse to get
out of something we didn't want to do anyway. -- WebMD: Clara38
25. You've learned to appreciate spontaneous humor, for it gives
life a spicy flavor. You laugh a lot, and laugh out loud. You let the child
within you play. You don't have to be "perfect" because no one's perfect. --
26. I am self-employed and having fun. I am taking classes at
the local university and surprisingly made friends with students of all ages.
-- WebMD: Edie90601
27. When you're over 50, you have the freedom to date for the
fun of it. It's more about do we have chemistry and am I hot for him? -- J.
28. We've discovered that we can act like teenagers whenever we
feel like it, and people think it's nifty. -- WebMD: Clara 38
29. You're finally kid-free. For some people, that is very sad.
But I don't know a single person who didn't come around to "look at all my free
time. I can totally take art classes, I'm not tied to the carpool." -- J.
30. You recognize that talent does not know age. You learn the
value of taking risks, pushing your personal comfort level, reinventing
yourself. -- S. Mitchell
31. At this age, almost all men are younger than you, so might
as well date them. People look at you less askance for dating younger men.
-- J. Ganahl
32. A woman over 50 will not lay next to you in bed and ask
"What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think. -- A.
Women Over 50 Know What They Like
33. You learn to fuel your life from your inner wisdom, from
your soul. Your life only works well if it's fueled from what's really true
inside, not from what's current in magazines. -- C. Northrup
34. You might participate in a current trend, but what's true
must be from what's in you. -- C. Northrup
35. Your sense of personal style comes together. After decades
of experimenting, you learn what feels comfortable, what looks dazzling. --
36. If a woman over 50 doesn't want to watch the game, she
doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And,
it's usually something more interesting. -- A. Rooney
37. You really have learned who you are as a person, what your
likes and dislikes are. It makes life ever so much more pleasant and joyful and
simpler when you know. The downside is, it makes it hard to find people to date
because you're so much more selective. -- J. Ganahl
Women Over 50 Are Wise
38. At 50, you realize that life is big, much bigger than you
ever knew. You see that life has this ability to be very healing, that the full
implications of events aren't always evident. What you might think is awful can
turn out to be a blessing. -- C. Northrup