Control the Nausea and Vomiting From Chemo
Self-Care for Nausea and Vomiting
You can also make a few changes to what you eat and your daily routine to prevent and relieve nausea:
- Avoid any foods that make you feel sick. Common culprits include fatty, fried, and strong-smelling foods.
- Eat several small meals throughout the day instead of three big meals. Have a snack before your chemo treatment.
- Don’t cook when you don't feel well. The smell of warming food can make nausea worse.
- Eat cold foods if the smell of hot food bothers you.
- Drink extra water and other fluids so you don’t get dehydrated.
- Eat candied ginger or drink flat ginger ale or ginger tea to settle your stomach.