What are some important questions to ask before doing clinical trial?
1. What is the purpose of the clinical trial?
2. What kinds of tests and treatments does the clinical trial involve, and how are these tests given?
3. What is likely to happen in my case with, or without, this new research treatment?
4. How could the clinical trial affect my daily life?
5. What side effects can I expect from the clinical trial?
6. How long will the clinical trial last?
7 .Will the clinical trial require extra time on my part?
8. Will I have to be hospitalized? If so, how often and for how long?
9. If I agree to withdraw from the clinical trial, will my care be affected? Will I need to change physicians?
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.