Ear Problems and Injuries, Age 12 and Older - Check Your Symptoms

Call your doctor now or seek immediate medical care if:

  • You have a fever.
  • You feel a lump in your neck or jaw.
  • The area around the ear starts to swell.
  • There is pus or blood draining from the ear.
  • There is new or different drainage from the ear.

Watch closely for changes in your health, and be sure to contact your doctor if:

  • Your pain gets worse.
  • You do not get better as expected.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information.© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.