To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- When did your injury occur?
- What caused your injury?
- What are your main symptoms?
- What have you done so far to treat your injury?
- Have you had a facial injury in the past?
- Was your injury evaluated by a doctor?
- What was the diagnosis?
- How was your injury treated?
- Do you have any continuing problems because of the previous injury?
- Was this injury from abuse caused by another person?
- Was the use of alcohol or drugs involved in your injury?
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did they help?
- What prescription or nonprescription medicines do you take?
- Do you have any health risks?