More and more medical procedures are being offered in qualified outpatient service centers.
Outpatient services are offered in many settings. For instance, medical centers often provide various types of outpatient services, such as pain clinics or rehabilitation centers. Other types of outpatient facilities include:
- Medical group practices.
- Outpatient clinics at hospitals or other medical facilities.
- Surgery centers.
- Imaging centers.
- Cardiac catheterization centers.
- Mental or behavioral health centers, which may provide substance abuse treatment services and mental health services for adults or children.
- Lab centers.
- Gastrointestinal centers, which may provide screening or other services such as colonoscopy and endoscopy.
- Durable medical equipment rental facilities.
- Physical therapy centers.
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy centers.
Many outpatient service centers specialize in a specific area of medicine, such as orthopedics (bones) or cardiology (heart). These centers, like many hospitals, have advanced equipment and highly trained staff.