If you’ve recently been diagnosed with allergies, you may want to ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
1. Can other conditions look like allergies? If so, which ones? Have they been ruled out for me?
2. What triggers my allergies?
3. What can I do at home or in my life to avoid getting allergic reactions?
4. Will I have to take medicine? Are there alternative treatments?
5. If I need medicine, how does it work? What are the side effects? Is long-term use harmful?
6. Do people outgrow allergies?
7. How will having allergies affect me? Can other problems develop?
8. Where can I learn more about how to live with allergies?
9. What, if any, special accommodations do you recommend for school, home, or work?
10. How often do I need to come for an office visit?