Allergies Medical Reference
What Is a Corsi-Rosenthal Box?
- Treating Your Skin Allergies at Home
You may be able to treat your skin itching and redness at home. Here's how to take care of your skin allergies with home treatment.
- Salicylate Allergy
If you're allergic to chemicals called salicylates, you may need to avoid certain foods, medicines, and products.
- What Is Skeeter Syndrome?
Learn what skeeter syndrome is, including symptoms, causes, and treatment options.
- What to Know About Pollen Count
Find out what you need to know about pollen count and discover how it may affect your health.
- What's the Difference Between First-Generation and Second-Generation Antihistamines?
Find out the differences between first-generation and second-generation antihistamines and discover the pros, cons, risks, benefits, and how taking these may affect health.
- What Is Alpha-Gal Syndrome?
Learn what alpha-gal syndrome is, what kind of ticks cause it, and how to treat it.
- How to Eat Out Safely When Your Child Has a Peanut Allergy
Learn tips for going to a restaurant safely when your child has a peanut allergy.
- What Is Cedar Fever?
Learn what cedar fever is, including its causes, symptoms, treatment, and more.
- What to Know About Gustatory Rhinitis
Find out what you need to know about gustatory rhinitis, and discover what causes it, how it's treated, and how it may affect health.
- What to Know About Diamine Oxidase (DAO) for Histamine Intolerance
Find out what you need to know about diamine oxidase, and discover the pros, cons, risks, and benefits, and how it may affect health.
- What to Know About Mustard Allergy
Can you be really allergic to mustard? Learn more about mustard allergy, how to manage it, prevent it, and the types of mustard that can cause allergic reactions.
- What to Know About a Chickpea Allergy
Find out what you need to know about chickpea allergies, and discover the risks, treatments, and how it may affect health.
- What to Know About Garlic Allergies
Learn more about garlic allergies, including the pros, cons, risks, and benefits, and how they may affect health.
- Remedies for Sinus Infection Pain
Learn home remedies and medical treatments to help ease sinus infection pain at home.
- Remedies for an Itchy Throat
Remedies for itchy and sore throats focus on decreasing inflammation and irritation of the throat, as well as secondary symptoms like coughing.
- Remedies for Hives
Learn home remedies and medical treatments to help ease your hives symptoms and speed up your recovery.
- Systemic Mastocytosis
Systemic mastocytosis can lead to itchy skin, headaches, and more. Learn the symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments for this condition, which causes a buildup in your body of too many mast cells -- a type of white blood cell.
- Tongue Swelling: Causes of Swollen Tongue
A swollen tongue may have many different causes. Find out the most common reasons and how to handle them.
- Am I Allergic to My Clothes?
Do your clothes make you itch or give you a rash? You may might be allergic to the dyes and other chemicals in them. Learn how to treat it and feel better.
- What Surgery Fixes a Perforated Nasal Septum?
Surgery can fix a hole your nasal septum, but you might not need it. Find out when you might get it, what happens during it, and what to expect as you recover.
- Do I Need Surgery for Sinusitis?
Do you have sinus problems that won’t go away? Find out if you need surgery to breathe better.
- Hay Fever 101
All you need to know about hay fever symptoms and treatment.
- Why Aren’t My Allergies Improving?
Why aren’t your allergies getting better?
- Allergies in Babies and Toddlers
Many things can make babies and toddlers cough, sneeze, or have hives. Find out about the most common types of childhood allergies and how to spot the warning signs.
- How Does a Doctor Diagnose an Allergy?
Find out what tests your doctor uses to diagnose an allergy.
- Sulfa Allergy
Do some antibiotics give you a rash or hives? If they’re sulfa drugs, you could have a sulfa allergy. Here’s what you need to know.
- Pet Allergies: What You Need to Know
Any furry pet can bring on an allergic reaction. Here's what you can do to keep your symptoms in check.
- Corn Allergies: What You Should Know
Corn allergies are rare compared to other food allergies. Find out about symptoms, substitutions, and how to avoid serious reactions.
- How to Put Allergies Out of Work
Do your allergies bother you when you’re at work? Get solutions.
- Anaphylactic Shock: What You Should Know
A serious allergy can cause anaphylactic shock within 15 minutes. Know the symptoms and what to do.
- Cholinergic Urticaria
Find out about these hives you get from heat, sweat, or exercise. Learn more about causes, treatments, and prevention tips for them.
- Eosinophils and Eosinophil Count Test
Eosinophils are specialized white blood cells that curb infection and boost inflammation. If you have too many, it’s called eosinophilia. Learn how EOS blood tests can help diagnose allergic reactions, certain kinds of infections, and some other rare conditions.
- What Is Food Protein-Induced Enterocolitis Syndrome?
Find out how this food allergy that happens in kids differs from other food allergies and how to avoid or treat it.
- Do You Need Surgery to Repair a Nasal Septal Hole?
If you have a hole in your septum, also called a nasal tear, there are great treatment options.
- Postnasal Drip: Symptoms and Treatment
What are the causes, symptoms, and treatments of postnasal drip.
- Do I Need Surgery to Repair My Deviated Septum?
I have a deviated septum. Is surgery the best solution?
- What Is Sinusitis?
Sinus infections, also known as sinusitis, can be hard to distinguish from other respiratory ailments. Learn about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of sinusitis.
- Peanut Allergy: What You Should Know
Peanut allergy has become one of the most common causes of severe allergy attack, and cases are on the rise. Learn how to spot the signs and get treatment quickly to avoid serious consequences.
- What Is an Allergic Reaction?
If you were having an allergic reaction, would you know it?
- Penicillin Allergy
If you need antibiotics, penicillin allergy can make a big difference in what drug you get. Find out about symptoms, how you get tested and what your options are if you're allergic.
- How Do I Know If I Have Sinusitis?
Is it a cold or sinusitis? How can you be sure?
- Anaphylaxis and Allergies
How to recognize anaphylaxis and get help.
- What Are Histamines?
Histamines: What they do, and how they can overreact.
- Pollen Allergies Overview
Do you know how to handle pollen season? Find out from WebMD.
- Skin Allergy Types and Triggers
What’s really causing that rash? Learn the common culprits, and find out what you can do relieve the itchiness.
- Is It Sinusitis or Allergies?
There are a lot of similarities, but also some key differences in symptoms. Find out how to tell them apart.
- Alcohol Allergy
An allergic reaction after you drink alcohol doesn’t mean you are allergic to alcohol. Here’s what’s going on.
- What Is Urticaria Pigmentosa?
Urticaria Pigmentosa is a rash that affects children and young adults. Learn about the causes, symptoms, and treatment options for this condition today.
- How to Soothe Your Sore Throat
Tips on getting relief from a sore throat due to cold, flu or allergies.