Allergies Medical Reference
- Salicylate Allergy
If you're allergic to chemicals called salicylates, you may need to avoid certain foods, medicines, and products.
- Medications for Managing Eosinophilic Esophagitis
Which medication is right for you when it comes to treating your EoE? Learn more about the options out there.
- How Your Doctor Chooses Treatments for Eosinophilic Esophagitis
When it comes to choosing which treatment is best for you, there are many reasons why your doctor may pick one over another. Find out why.
- Complications of Eosinophilic Esophagitis
Scarring and narrowing of the esophagus, anxiety, and depression are complications of eosinophilic esophagitis.
- Advanced Treatment Options for Eosinophilic Esophagitis
When the first line of defense doesn't cut it, your doctors have other ways to treat your EoE. Learn more about what these treatment paths may look like.
- The Challenges of Living With Eosinophilic Esophagitis
Want to learn how to manage this chronic condition and its symptoms? Find out more about living with EoE.
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
When you’re diagnosed with eosinophilic esophagitis (EOE), you may be left wondering where to start when it comes to asking your doctor questions. Find out where to kick off your conversation.
- Can Dietary Changes Help With Eosinophilic Esophagitis?
How do your food choices raise or lower your inflammation? Find out how what you eat could play a role in treating your condition.
- What Is Skeeter Syndrome?
Learn what skeeter syndrome is, including symptoms, causes, and treatment options.
- What to Know About Pollen Count
Find out what you need to know about pollen count and discover how it may affect your health.
- What's the Difference Between First-Generation and Second-Generation Antihistamines?
Find out the differences between first-generation and second-generation antihistamines and discover the pros, cons, risks, benefits, and how taking these may affect health.
- What Is Alpha-Gal Syndrome?
Learn what alpha-gal syndrome is, what kind of ticks cause it, and how to treat it.
- How to Eat Out Safely When Your Child Has a Peanut Allergy
Learn tips for going to a restaurant safely when your child has a peanut allergy.
- Peanut Allergy: How to Work With Your Child's School
Find out how setting up meetings with your child's teachers and other school officials can help create a safe environment if your child has a peanut allergy.
- What Is Cedar Fever?
Learn what cedar fever is, including its causes, symptoms, treatment, and more.
- What to Know About Gustatory Rhinitis
Find out what you need to know about gustatory rhinitis, and discover what causes it, how it's treated, and how it may affect health.
- What to Know About Diamine Oxidase (DAO) for Histamine Intolerance
Find out what you need to know about diamine oxidase, and discover the pros, cons, risks, and benefits, and how it may affect health.
- What to Know About Mustard Allergy
Can you be really allergic to mustard? Learn more about mustard allergy, how to manage it, prevent it, and the types of mustard that can cause allergic reactions.
- What to Know About a Chickpea Allergy
Find out what you need to know about chickpea allergies, and discover the risks, treatments, and how it may affect health.
- What Is Bee Sting Serum Sickness?
Learn about the causes and symptoms of bee sting serum sickness, how it is treated, and how you can avoid it.
- What to Know About Garlic Allergies
Learn more about garlic allergies, including the pros, cons, risks, and benefits, and how they may affect health.
- What Is Urticaria Pigmentosa?
Urticaria Pigmentosa is a rash that affects children and young adults. Learn about the causes, symptoms, and treatment options for this condition today.
- What Is Aquagenic Urticaria?
Find out about aquagenic urticaria, an allergy to water, and learn about treatments for this rare condition.
- What Is Mast Cell Activation Syndrome?
Mast cell activation syndrome is when mast cells release inappropriate amounts of chemicals. Learn about the causes, symptoms, and treatment options for this condition today.
- Remedies for Sinus Infection Pain
Learn home remedies and medical treatments to help ease sinus infection pain at home.
- Remedies for an Itchy Throat
Remedies for itchy and sore throats focus on decreasing inflammation and irritation of the throat, as well as secondary symptoms like coughing.
- Remedies for Hives
Learn home remedies and medical treatments to help ease your hives symptoms and speed up your recovery.
- Systemic Mastocytosis
Systemic mastocytosis can lead to itchy skin, headaches, and more. Learn the symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments for this condition, which causes a buildup in your body of too many mast cells -- a type of white blood cell.
- Tongue Swelling: Causes of Swollen Tongue
A swollen tongue may have many different causes. Find out the most common reasons and how to handle them.
- Am I Allergic to My Clothes?
Do your clothes make you itch or give you a rash? You may might be allergic to the dyes and other chemicals in them. Learn how to treat it and feel better.
- What Surgery Fixes a Perforated Nasal Septum?
Surgery can fix a hole your nasal septum, but you might not need it. Find out when you might get it, what happens during it, and what to expect as you recover.
- Do I Need Surgery for Sinusitis?
Do you have sinus problems that won’t go away? Find out if you need surgery to breathe better.
- Why Aren’t My Allergies Improving?
Why aren’t your allergies getting better?
- Hay Fever 101
All you need to know about hay fever symptoms and treatment.
- Become an Allergy Detective
What’s making me sneeze? How to nail your allergy triggers.
- How Does a Doctor Diagnose an Allergy?
Find out what tests your doctor uses to diagnose an allergy.
- Allergies in Babies and Toddlers
Many things can make babies and toddlers cough, sneeze, or have hives. Find out about the most common types of childhood allergies and how to spot the warning signs.
- Sulfa Allergy
Do some antibiotics give you a rash or hives? If they’re sulfa drugs, you could have a sulfa allergy. Here’s what you need to know.
- Pet Allergies: What You Need to Know
Any furry pet can bring on an allergic reaction. Here's what you can do to keep your symptoms in check.
- Corn Allergies: What You Should Know
Corn allergies are rare compared to other food allergies. Find out about symptoms, substitutions, and how to avoid serious reactions.
- How to Put Allergies Out of Work
Do your allergies bother you when you’re at work? Get solutions.
- Anaphylactic Shock: What You Should Know
A serious allergy can cause anaphylactic shock within 15 minutes. Know the symptoms and what to do.
- Eosinophils and Eosinophil Count Test
Eosinophils are specialized white blood cells that curb infection and boost inflammation. If you have too many, it’s called eosinophilia. Learn how EOS blood tests can help diagnose allergic reactions, certain kinds of infections, and some other rare conditions.
- Cholinergic Urticaria
Find out about these hives you get from heat, sweat, or exercise. Learn more about causes, treatments, and prevention tips for them.
- What Is Food Protein-Induced Enterocolitis Syndrome?
Find out how this food allergy that happens in kids differs from other food allergies and how to avoid or treat it.
- Do You Need Surgery to Repair a Nasal Septal Hole?
If you have a hole in your septum, also called a nasal tear, there are great treatment options.
- What Is Postnasal Drip?
What are the causes, symptoms, and treatments of postnasal drip.
- Do I Need Surgery to Repair My Deviated Septum?
I have a deviated septum. Is surgery the best solution?
- What Is Sinusitis?
Sinus infections, also known as sinusitis, can be hard to distinguish from other respiratory ailments. Learn about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of sinusitis.