PREVIOUS QUESTION:

 

NEXT QUESTION:

 

What should I do if I am exposed to a poison plant?

ANSWER

If you think you may have been exposed to a poison plant:

  • Take off your clothes.
  • Wash all exposed areas with cool running water and soap. Be sure to clean under your fingernails. In the woods, the water of a running stream can work well.
  • Wash clothing and all gardening tools, camping gear, sports equipment, and other objects that came into contact with the plants.
  • Bathe pets exposed to the plants.

SOURCE: 

American Academy of Dermatology.

Reviewed by Nayana Ambardekar on July 07, 2018

SOURCE: 

American Academy of Dermatology.

Reviewed by Nayana Ambardekar on July 07, 2018

NEXT QUESTION:

When should I call the doctor about poison plants?

WAS THIS ANSWER HELPFUL

THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.

    This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.

    Other Answers On: