Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) Scott Camazine / Science Source
(2) Alex Hyde / Science Source
(3) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention / Science Source
(4) PeteMuller / Getty Images
(5) Dr. P. Marazzi / Science Source
(6) Scott Camazine / Science Source
(7) Scott Camazine / Science Source
(8) PeteMuller / Getty Images
(9) Tannbreww4828 / Wikipedia
(10) Science Picture Co / Science Source
(11) BSIP / Medical Images
(12) Garry DeLong / Science Source
(13) Dr P. Marazzi / Science Source
(14) LYagovy / Getty Images
(15) Dr P. Marazzi / Science Source
(16) skeeze / pixabay
(17) Scott Camazine / Science Source
(18) Dennis Kunkel Microscopy / Science Source
(19) High-Definition Dermatologist / Medical Images
(20) Eye of Science / Science Source
(21) Clinical Photography, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, UK / Science Source
(22) dblight / Getty Images
(23) Joel Carillet / Getty Images
(24) Scott Camazine / Science Source
(25) Caters News Agency
(26) Craig K. Lorenz / Science Source
(27) CreativeNature_nl / Getty Images
(28) stocksnapper / Getty Images
(29) reyborfrla / Getty Images
(30) gan chaonan / Getty Images
National Institutes of Health.
Hardin Library for the Health Sciences, University of Iowa.
Tennessee Department of Agriculture.
The University of Minnesota.
University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources.
Texas A&M University Department of Entomology.
Missouri Department of Conservation: “Chiggers!”
Ohio State University: Extension Fact Sheet: “Chiggers.”
Washington State Department of Agriculture: “Invasive Hornets,” “Asian Giant Hornets Frequently Asked Questions,” “Asian Giant Hornet: What Hikers and Outdoor Enthusiasts Need to Know.”
Oklahoma State University: “OSU professor sheds light on ‘murder hornets.’”
Smithsonian Magazine: “Giant Hornets Proliferated During China’s Heatwave, And Now Have Killed 28 People.”
Reviewed by Hansa D. Bhargava, MD on June 25, 2020
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.