Post-workout soreness can make it difficult to continue pushing toward your fitness goals. It can also get in the way of comfortably living your day-to-day. There are many ways to achieve better recovery after intense activity: stretching, replacing fluids, using heating and cooling muscle creams. One of the most exciting new recovery tools? CBD!
More and more, people are turning to CBD to help minimize occasional soreness from strain and overuse and to speed up recovery, but does it work? And how can you use it each day to bounce back faster?
How Does CBD Work?
CBD interacts with the body’s natural regulatory system -- the ECS or endocannabinoid system. A network of transmitters and receptors, the ECS can be supplemented with phytocannabinoids like CBD to increase endocannabinoid tone and support a healthier lifestyle. The research is still developing regarding how CBD promotes balance in the ECS, but anecdotal evidence suggests people regularly use CBD to get better sleep, to deal with the effects of tension and stress, and of course, to reduce soreness from aging or overuse.
Best CBD Products for Recovery
There is a large selection of CBD products currently available, so how do you know which ones are best for recovery? Here are some ideas for adding popular CBD products to your recovery routine to help you pick the right ones for your needs.
- CBD softgels provide exact pre-measured servings, taking the effort out of CBD. Add them to the other nutritional capsules in your daily supplement regimen.
- CBD drops offer versatility in both serving size and ingestion methods. Traditionally dripped into the mouth and held before swallowing, CBD liquids can also be added to smoothies, shakes, etc.
- CBD gummies are a tasty way to add CBD to your system, and because they don’t need to be taken with water, they won’t slow down your training when taken on-the-go.
- CBD topicals like balms and roll-ons are applied to the surface of the skin to put relief right where you need it most.
- CBD sleep aids can help promote restful sleep patterns that are important to both performance and recovery.
Adding CBD to Your Workout Routine
After strenuous activity, like intense gym sessions, extended outdoor adventures, or even a tough day at the job site, people are reaching for CBD products to soothe their aching bodies. CBD ingestibles like softgels and gummies supplement your body’s ECS from the inside, and topical CBD products sink CBD deep into the skin.
Although CBD is most commonly used post-workout to address soreness, CBD products can be utilized throughout a training regimen to help you to train harder, recover faster, and perform better when competing. CBD works best when used daily, so it’s ideal to integrate it into your everyday fitness routine. Try this three-stage approach to enhancing your training and recovery with CBD.
- If you use a pre-workout shake, try mixing in CBD drops to minimize the effects of physical strain, helping you level up your training.
- During longer workouts (like clocking miles running or biking), CBD gummies can be enjoyed on-the-go to keep the physically balancing benefits of CBD going.
- After intense activity, CBD softgels work to soothe soreness from within, while CBD topicals like balms and mentholated roll-ons can be massaged into trouble spots on the surface.
Whether you only reach for CBD after a hard workout or make it a permanent part of your training routine, these products can support your body as it works to bring you back to an ideal balance for a speedy recovery.Learn More