If fatigue has drained you of your new-pregnancy excitement, it's no surprise. Your body is working hard to adapt to pregnancy and support a new little life. It takes a big toll on your energy. Your hormone levels are surging and your metabolism is shifting into high gear.
Call Doctor If:
- Walk it off. Moderate exercise, like walking for 30 minutes most days of the week, can help boost energy and mood.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of fluids during the day. Dehydration can sap energy.
- Go to bed early or take naps during the day.
- Eat regular meals and snacks to keep your blood sugar stable. Avoid food or drinks that are high in sugar.
- Ask for help from family and friends.