What tests can you get to uncover a condition that could cause a miscarriage?
There is about a 50/50 chance that one of these tests will uncover a condition that caused your pregnancy to end abruptly.
- Blood and/ or genetic tests
- Hysterosalpingogram, an X-ray of the uterus and fallopian tubes
- Hysteroscopy, viewing the inside of the uterus with a thin, telescope-like device inserted through the vagina and cervix
- Laparoscopy, a surgical procedure to view the pelvic organs with a lighted device
More Answers On Health & Baby
- What do ultrasounds help determine in second trimester of pregnancy with twins?
- What do ultrasounds confirm during the second trimester of pregnancy with twins?
- How often will you have ultrasounds after your second trimester of pregnancy with twins?
- Will you have a blood sugar test during your second trimester when pregnant with twins?
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.