Babies need a lot of gear, especially when there are two of them! To be ready to go at a moment's notice, always keep your diaper bag stocked with:
- A portable changing pad
- Disposable diaper wipes
- Plastic bags (for dirty diapers and wipes)
- Diaper rash cream
- Burp cloths
- Hand sanitizer
- Change of clothes for each baby
- Hats, jacket, and socks for changes in the weather
- Baby blankets
- Clean bottles and formula
- Baby toys
- Sunscreen (for babies over 6 months). Check with your pediatrician about appropriate sunscreen use for babies under 6 months.
Keep your baby in the shade, if possible. Their skin is thinner and more sensitive. Cover them up with clothes and a hat, limit their time in the sun (especially between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., when the sun is strongest), don’t let them get overheated, and get them out of the sun right away if they show any signs of sunburn or dehydration, including fussiness, redness, and excessive crying.