Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
1. Peter Gridley / Taxi / Getty Images
2. Poulides/Thatcher / Stone
3. Allen Donikowski / Flickr Collection / Getty
4. Keith Brofsky Uppercut Images / ArtLife Images
5. Ted Humble Smith
6. Olivia Drew / National Geographic / Photolibrary
7. Comstock Images / ARTLIFE Images
8. Laurence Monneret / Photographer's Choice / Getty Images
9. Jupiterimages / Workbook Stock
10. Claudia Gapperl
11. Noel Hendrickson / Digital Vision
AARP: “5 Holiday Travel Tips.”
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
American Dietetic Association. Journal of the American Dietetic Association, October 2008;
American Society of Travel Agents: “10 Winter Holiday Travel Trips to Melt Your Worries Away,” “Holiday Travel Tips for Safe Holiday Travel.”
CDC: “Holiday Health and Safety Tips,” “Traveling Safely with Infants and Children.”
Frommer’s: “10 Survival Tips for Holiday Travel,” “10 Ways to Survive Traveling With Kids,” “Baby, Come Fly with Me: Stress-Free Airtime for the New Jet Set,” “Holiday Airport Travel Tips From a High Flyer.”
Transportation Security Administration: “TSA Holiday 3-1-1 Tips.”
Weigle, D. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, July 2005;
Reviewed by Jennifer Robinson, MD on November 28, 2016
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.