Healthy Beauty Medical Reference
- What Is Body Neutrality?
Body neutrality is a middle-ground approach that encourages you to focus on self-acceptance and what your body does for you over how it looks.
- What to Know About Widow's Peak
A widow's peak is a hairline shape that forms a v-like shape on your forehead. Learn more about the cause, common myths, and how to manage a widow's peak.
- What to Know About Shampoos for an Itchy Scalp
Which kinds of shampoo can help with an itchy scalp? Find out about the causes of and treatments for an itchy scalp.
- Does Hair Dye Expire?
Expired hair dye can cause the color to turn out wrong or even cause an allergic reaction. Learn about hair dye expiration dates, how to tell if your hair dye is expired, and what happens if you use expired dye.
- What to Know About Hair Perms
How do hair perms work? Find out how perms affect your hair, if they’re safe, and what to know before you get one.
- What to Know About Rook Piercing
Is rook piercing safe? Everything you need to know about how to care for a rook piercing, including if it's safe and warning signs of infection.
- What to Know About Conch Piercing
Is conch piercing safe? Everything you need to know about how to care for a conch piercing, including if it's safe and the symptoms of complications.
- What to Know About Hair Breakage
Find out what you need to prevent hair breakage.
- What Is Slugging for Your Skin?
Is slugging good for your skin? Learn about slugging pros and cons, who should try slugging, and how to do slugging at home.
- What to Know About Hair Bleach
Find out what you need to know about hair bleach, its mode of action, way of use, and side effects.
- What to Know About High Porosity Hair
High porosity hair is caused by a compromised hair cuticle and can lead to hair damage. Learn what causes high porosity hair and how to care for it.
- What Is a Pumice Stone?
A pumice stone is a popular skin care tool. Learn about the benefits of a pumice stone and how to properly use one.
- What to Know About Bridge Piercing
Find out what you need to know about a bridge piercing, discover the risks, and how to keep it clean.
- What Is Face Rolling?
Face rollers are used to massage the skin and come in a variety of different materials including jade, amethyst, and rose quartz.
- What to Know About a Brazilian Wax
Learn about Brazilian waxes. Discover the best ways to prepare for and recover from this very thorough waxing option.
- How to Find Sunscreens Without a White Cast
Find out how to choose a sunscreen for darker skin. Learn what causes a white cast, how to avoid it, and what sunscreens to look for.
- How to Care for Curly Hair
If you have curly hair, you may wonder what it takes to make sure your curls look their best. Our curly hair care tips will help you get the best curls possible.
- Why Is My Hair So Oily? How to Manage Oily Hair
Oily hair can be frustrating to deal with. Learn more about what causes it and what you can do about it.
- How to Exfoliate Your Hands
Find out what you need to know about hand exfoliation and its types, products, benefits, and more.
- How to Care for Your Hair With Hard Water Shampoo
Hard water can cause damage to your hair. Learn how to care for the damage with methods like deep conditioners and hard water shampoos.
- What to Know About Ultherapy
What is Ultherapy? Learn about this non-invasive cosmetic procedure that tightens facial skin to minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
- What Is Breast Implant Illness?
Learn about breast implant illness. Discover the symptoms of this condition and how it’s treated.
- What Is Lip Blushing?
Find out what lip blushing is, how it works, and who can benefit from it.
- What to Know About Split Ends
Find out everything there is to know about split ends, including what they are, what causes them, and how to treat and prevent them.
- What to Know About Rice Water for Hair
What does rice water do for your hair? Find out if it's the miracle solution that some people claim.
- What to Know About Facial Steaming
Is facial steaming good for skin? Learn about facial steaming benefits, facial steaming steps, and who should avoid facial steaming.
- What to Know About Summer Skin Care for People of Color
Learn why sun protection and smart summer skin care are important for people of color.
- Chemical Peels When You Have Brown or Black Skin
Find out what you need to know about chemical peels for brown or black skin. Discover the pros, cons, risks, and benefits.
- How to Clean Makeup Brushes
Learn about how to clean makeup brushes, what to clean makeup brushes with, how often you should clean your makeup brushes, and more.
- What Is a Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Facial?
Learn about a Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Facial and how it affects your skin.
- What Is an Aesthetician?
Learn what aestheticians do and how aesthetician services can help your skin.
- How to Trim Your Nails
Find out why it's important to cut your nails regularly. Also, learn the steps to cut your nails properly.
- What to Know About Laser Scar Treatment
Learn about laser treatment of scars and the pros, cons, and risks that come with it.
- What to Know About Ceramides for Skin
Find out what you need to know about ceramides for skin, and discover the types, benefits, and how it affects your skin.
- What To Know About Frown Lines
Learn how to treat frown lines between your eyebrows.
- What to Know About Ayurvedic Skin Care
Find out what you need to know about Ayurveda and discover its risks and benefits.
- What to Know About Brachioplasty (Arm Lift)
Find out what you need to know about getting an arm lift. Discover the pros, cons, risks, and benefits, and how it may affect your health.
- What Is Laser Lipolysis?
What is a lipolytic laser? Learn about non-surgical fat removal.
- How Often Should You Shower?
How often should you shower to stay healthy? Can you do it too much?
- What to Know About Nonsurgical Body Sculpting
Nonsurgical body sculpting techniques help you get rid of stubborn fat to contour your body without surgery, scarring, or downtime.
- DMDM Hydantoin: What to Know
DMDM hydantoin is a preservative and antimicrobial agent found in many personal-care products. Learn more about the uses, risks, and benefits of this chemical.
- Dermal Fillers: What to Know
It’s safe to get approved dermal filler injections from a certified doctor. Here’s how to avoid dangerous complications when you’re getting fillers.
- What to Know About The Cost of a Mini Tummy Tuck
What is the cost of a mini tummy tuck? Discover the factors that affect the surgical procedure and how it differs from liposuction.
- What to Know about Expired Shampoo
Find out all you need to know about how shampoo goes bad, discover its ill effects, and how to dispose of it.
- What to Know About Hydrators
Learn what hydrators are and how they work to keep your skin hydrated. Discover the difference between hydrators and moisturizers.
- What to Know About Cocamidopropyl Betaine
What is cocamidopropyl betaine? Learn what it does and how it can affect your skin.
- What to Know About Under Eye Hollows
Find out what you need to know about under eye hollows, and discover causes and treatments.
- What to Know About Low Porosity Hair
What is low-porosity hair? Learn the characteristics and causes of low porosity hair and how to care for it.
- What Is SLS?
Sodium lauryl sulfate is a surfactant used in most personal care products, soaps, commercial cleaners, and even in food. Learn more about what it is, why it is used, and if it is safe to use it.