How can the sun change your skin?
Exposure to the sun causes:
- Pre-cancerous and cancerous skin lesions
- Benign tumors
- Fine and coarse wrinkles
- Discolored areas of the skin, called mottled pigmentation
- Sallowness -- a yellow discoloration of the skin
- Telangiectasias -- the dilation of small blood vessels under the skin
- Elastosis -- the destruction of the elastic and collagen tissue (causing lines, wrinkles and sagging skin)
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.