What are tips for taking care of your skin?
Follow these steps to keep your skin healthy and looking good:
- Wear sunscreen every day, even when it’s cloudy or raining. Apply enough and reapply every 2 hours, more often if you swim or sweat.
- Avoid the sun between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Don't use tanning beds. They may be harmful, especially if you’re young.
- Wear wide-brimmed hats, long sleeved shirts, and pants.
- See your doctor or a dermatologist if you have any problems or questions about your skin.
- Wear sun protective clothing with a UPF (ultra protection factor) of 30 or higher.
Wear sunglasses that provide 100% UV protection or UV 400 protection.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.