Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) Allan Montaine / Photonica
(2) Noel Hendrickson / Digital Vision
(3) Peter Cade / The Image Bank
(5) Ghislain & Marie David de Lossy / Riser
(6) © Howard J. Radzyner / MedNet / Corbis
(7) Noel Hendrickson / Digital Vision
(8) Beau Lark / Fancy
(9) Monkey Business Images Ltd / Stockbroker
(10) Tom Fullum / Photographer's Choice
(11) Daniel Lai / Aurora
(12) Philippe Garo / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(13) Geoff Manasse / Photodisc
(14) Ricky John Molloy / Stone
(15) Will McIntyre / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(16) Jack Hollingsworth / Photodisc
(17) Symphonie / Iconica
American Psychiatric Association, Treatment of Patients With Bipolar Disorder, Second Edition.
Benazzi, F. Lancet, March 17, 2007.
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA).
Fieve, R. Bipolar II. Rodale, 2006.
Massachusetts General Hospital Bipolar Clinic & Research Program.
McElroy, S. American Journal of Psychiatry, January 1997.
McElroy, S. American Journal of Psychiatry, December 1992.
Mick, E. Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology, 2003.
Moore, D. Handbook of Medical Psychiatry, Mosby, 2004.
National Alliance on Mental Illness.
National Institute of Mental Health.
Reviewed by Joseph Goldberg, MD on March 27, 2018
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.