Since you were recently diagnosed with a brain tumor, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
1. What type of brain tumor do I have, and what is its grade?
2. What are the symptoms of brain cancer?
4. Will it be possible to surgically remove my tumor?
5. If you can't surgically remove the tumor, will I need any other treatments such as chemotherapy or radiotherapy after surgery?
6. What are the possible side effects of these therapies?
7. Who might my treatment team include - and for how long will I continue to see them?
8. Are there alternative treatments for my condition?
9. Will there be any lasting problems from this disease or its treatment?
10. Are there any support groups in the area that I can contact?