Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
1) PIXOLOGICSTUDIO / Science Source
2) swisoot / Thinkstock
3) Kwangshin Kim / Science Source
4) Biophoto Associates / Science Source
5) Paul Bradbury / Getty Images
6) Martin Rotker / Medical Images
7) SDI Productions / Getty Images
8) John R. Foster / Science Source
9) Garo/Phanie / Science Source
10) Look at Sciences / Medical Images
11) Mauro Fermariello / Science Source
12) BSIP / JACOPIN / Medical Images
13) HRAUN / Getty Images
14) Mark Kostich / Getty Images
15) agrobacter / Getty Images
16) bdspn / Thinkstock
17) PHILIPPE PLAILLY / Science Source
18) vgajic / Getty Images
19) PeopleImages / Getty Images
20) Tassii / Getty Images
21) fstop123 / Getty Images
22) monkeybusinessimages / Getty Images
American Cancer Society.
National Cancer Institute.
Reviewed by Minesh Khatri, MD on August 17, 2020
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.