Study Confirms Lifesaving Value of Colonoscopy
The study looked at roughly 25,000 patients in the Veterans Affairs (VA) health system, where colonoscopy is widely used. The VA views it as the main screening test for patients aged 50 and older who have average odds for developing colon or rectal cancer.
Read Full Article
Related WebMD Community
WebMD Special Sections
- Treating Your Head and Neck Cancer
- Innovative Options in Cancer Detection
- Merkel Cell Carcinoma: What Can I Expect?
- Help for Myelofibrosis
- Polycythemia Vera: When Blood Counts Are Too High
- Living With CML
- Liver Cancer: Know Your Treatment Options
- Immunotherapy for Cancer: A New Approach
- When Your Child Has Cancer
- Cancer Prevention and Early Detection