What are some tips that can ease diaper rash?
- Diapers should be changed more often than normal.
- Skin should be washed with a very mild soap and air dried or lightly patted dry.
- The skin should be cleaned, but avoid any rough scrubbing. After cleaning, the skin should be exposed to air, leaving the diaper off for several hours if possible.
- If you use cloth diapers, avoid using plastic pants during this time.
- Certain foods may seem to worsen the rash. If this is the case, avoid these foods until the rash has cleared.
- If the rash is caused by a contact or allergic dermatitis, stop using any new soaps or detergents that may be causing the rash.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.