Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) Jose Luis Pelaez Inc / Blend Images
(3) IAN HOOTON / Science Photo Library
(4) GSO Images / Photographer's Choice
(5) Maria Pereira Photograpy / Flickr Open / Getty
(6) Harald Walker / Flickr / Getty
(7) Foto Sherca / Flickr / Getty
(9) Gemma Petrie / Flickr / Getty
(10) Will & Deni Mcintyre / Photo Researchers
(11) Miss K.B. Photography / Flickr / Getty
(12) Datacraft Co Ltd
(13) Patrick Strattner
(14) STOCK4B Creative
(15) Jose Luis Pelaez Inc / Blend Images
(16) altrendo images / Stockbyte
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners: "A Roadmap for Managing Your Triglycerides and Protecting Your Heart."
American Family Physician: "Omega-3 Fatty Acids."
American Heart Association: "Fish 101," "Fish and Omega-3 Fatty Acids," "Triglycerides," "Triglycerides: Frequently Asked Questions."
CDC: "Saturated Fat."
Harvard School of Public Health: "Ask the Expert: Omega-3 Fatty Acids."
Medline Plus: "Triglycerides."
National Heart Lung and Blood Institute: "What Is Metabolic Syndrome?"
National Institute of General Medical Sciences: "What Do Fats Do in the Body?"
TheHeart.org: "Diet and Exercise Key for Treating High Triglycerides: New AHA Statement."
Reviewed by Suzanne R. Steinbaum, MD on February 15, 2017
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.