Clinicians and health departments should see H1N1 Flu and Patients With Cardiovascular Disease (Heart Disease and Stroke): Interim Guidance and Considerations for Health Care Providers and for State and Local Public Health Agencies.
This document provides interim guidance and will be updated as needed.
- Maintain a two week supply of your medications.
- Do not stop taking your medications without first consulting your health care provider, especially in the event of influenza or a respiratory infection.
- People with heart failure should be alert to changes in their breathing and should promptly report changes to their health care provider.
- It is especially important to wash your hands often with soap and water and follow other basic hygiene to avoid infection.
For More Information
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Hotline (1-800-CDC-INFO) is available in English and Spanish, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.