Since you were recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
1. Does having diabetes mean that I am at higher risk for other medical problems?
2. Should I start seeing other doctors regularly, such as an eye doctor?
3. How often should I test my blood sugar, and what should I do if it is too high or too low?
5. Does diabetes mean I have to stop eating the foods I like best?
6. How can exercise make a difference in my diabetes?
7. If I'm overweight, how many pounds do I have to lose to make a difference in my health?
8. Are my children at increased risk for the disease?
9. What is the importance of diet in diabetes?
10. Do I need to take my medications even on days that I feel fine?