May 16, 2022 – Mars Wrigley Confectionery has announced a voluntary recall of certain varieties of Skittles, Starburst, and Life Savers gummies because there might be “a very thin metal strand embedded in the gummies or loose in the bag.”
The company received reports from consumers about the metal strips and said it hasn’t received any reports of illness. The recall affects regular and sour flavors.
The products were made by a third party and distributed in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. Mars Wrigley didn’t say when the products were made or sold or how many units of candy might be affected.
The back of the package has a 10-digit manufacturing code, and the first three digits show whether a product has been affected in the list below.
- Starburst Gummies Original Share Size 3.5 oz: 136, 139, 140
- Starburst Gummies Original Peg Pack 5.8 oz
- Starburst Gummies Sours Share Size 3.5 oz: 134,135, 137-142
- Starburst Gummies Sours Peg Pack 5.8 oz: 134,135, 137-142
- Starburst Gummies Sour Berries Peg Pack 5.8 oz: 135, 138, 139
- Life Savers Gummies Five Flavor Peg Pack 7.0 oz, 3.22 oz: 136, 139
- Life Savers Wild Berries Gummies Peg Pack 7.0 oz: 136-138, 140, 147, 149-152
- Life Savers Sour Gummies Peg Pack 7.0 oz, 180 g: 132-134, 139-140, 144-147, 149, 151, 152, 201
- Skittles Gummies Original Peg Pack 5.8 oz, 2.93 oz: 139-218
- Skittles Gummies Original Stand Up Pouch 12 oz: 139-218
- Skittles Wild Berry Gummies Peg Pack 5.8 oz, 2.93 oz: 138-218
- Skittles Gummies Wild Berry Stand Up Pouch 12 oz: 138-218
- Skittles Sour Gummies Peg Pack 5.8 oz: 204-218
Mars Wrigley said it would work with retailers to remove recalled products from store shelves. Consumers with a recalled item should throw away the product and not consume it.
Consumers with questions can contact Mars Wrigley by calling 800-651-2564 or visiting its website at mars.com/contact-us.