Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) Steve Pomberg/WebMD
(2) Photo courtesy of McDonald's
(3) Photo courtesy of McDonald's
(4) Photo courtesy of Burger King
(5) Steve Pomberg/WebMD
(6) Photo courtesy of Jack in the Box Inc.
(7) Photo courtesy of Jack in the Box Inc.
(8) Photo courtesy of Starbucks
(9) Photo courtesy of Starbucks
(10) Photo courtesy of Subway
(11) Anna Webb/WebMD
(12) Rubberball / Getty Images
(13) Michael Rosenfeld / Photographer's Choice / Getty Images
Farshchi, H. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2005.
Jack in the Box.
Timlin, M. Pediatrics, March 1, 2008.
U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services: "Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010."
Van der Heijden, A. Obesity, October 2007.
Reviewed by Melinda Ratini, DO, MS on December 20, 2020
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.