Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
1) EVAfotografie / Thinkstock
2) miflippo / Thinkstock
3) Medical Art Inc / Getty Images
5) Scimat / Science Source
6) Visuals Unlimited, Inc./Carol & Mike Werner / Getty Images
7) Ryan McVay / Thinkstock
8) Molly Borman / Getty Images
9 Gitanna / Thinkstock
10) Stocktrek Images / Getty Images
11) Springer Medizin / Science Source
12) Barry Slaven / Science Source
13) Hemera Technologies / Thinkstock
14) 23d7d4d_101 / Thinkstock
15) Molly Borman / Science Source
Mayo Clinic: “Diseases and Conditions.”
American Diabetes Association: “DKA (Ketoacidosis) & Ketones.”
Cleveland Clinic: “Diseases and Conditions.”
CDC: “Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)”
Reviewed by Melinda Ratini, DO, MS on November 16, 2018
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.