Who should not take TACROLIMUS?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a bad infection
- cancer or malignancy
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- low amount of calcium in the blood
- high levels of potassium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- high blood pressure
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- slow heartbeat
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- chronic heart failure
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- severe liver disease
- damage to the kidneys
- disorder of lymphoid tissue after transplant
- malignant lymphoma
- a rupture in the wall of the stomach or intestine
- progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy, a type of brain infection
- a type of brain disorder called posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome
- kidney problems due to BK polyomavirus
- pure red cell aplasia
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using tacrolimus?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.