Who should not take FLUVOXAMINE MALEATE?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a disorder with excess antidiuretic hormone called syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone
- low amount of sodium in the blood
- an increased risk of bleeding
- manic behavior
- a form of mania that has a lower severity of symptoms
- suicidal thoughts
- serotonin syndrome, a type of disorder with high serotonin levels
- closed angle glaucoma
- liver problems
- bleeding from stomach, esophagus or duodenum
- tobacco smoking
- CYP2D6 poor metabolizer
- risk of angle-closure glaucoma due to narrow angle of anterior chamber of eye
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using fluvoxamine MALEATE?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.