What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Noroxin to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary: REPORTS OF ARTHROPATHY WITH QUINOLONES IN ANIMAL STUDIES;CONSIDER RISK/BENEFIT
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: CONSIDER RISK/BENEFIT PER MFR; ARTHROPATHY IN ANIMAL STUDIES
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular- Possible increased risk of developing QT prolongation. Monitor and correct electrolytes (e.g., K, Mg). Increased rate of aortic aneurysm and dissection within 2 months of use, Renal- Dosage adjust for CrCL < 31 mL/minute. Musculoskeletal-Increased risk of tendinitis/tendon rupture, especially with concomitant corticosteroid use. Neuro/Psych-Risk for peripheral neuropathy which may affect walking and increase fall risk.
Giving Noroxin to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: No safety and efficacy established. Limited data available. Tendinitis risk. Possible risk of arthropathy .
- Contraindication: No safety and efficacy. Arthropathy observed in immature animals.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.