Who should not take METFORMIN HCL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- an infection
- low blood sugar
- pituitary hormone deficiency
- decreased function of the adrenal gland
- inadequate vitamin B12
- excess body acid
- alcohol intoxication
- a heart attack
- sudden and serious symptoms of heart failure called acute decompensated heart failure
- liver problems
- a condition where the body is unable to maintain adequate blood flow called shock
- excessive vomiting
- excessive diarrhea
- serious lack of oxygen in the blood
- weakened patient
- chronic kidney disease stage 3B (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using metformin HCL?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.