What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Clomipramine HCL to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary: REPORTS OF WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS (JITTERINESS, TREMOR, SEIZURES) IN NEONATES
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST MINIMAL EXCRETION RESULTING IN NO ADV EFFECT ON INFANT
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Cardiovascular-May cause orthostatic hypotension at higher doses. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
Giving Clomipramine HCL to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Possible increased suicidal ideation and attempt with underlying major depression. Unknown long term effects on growth.
- Severe Precaution: Unknown long term effects on growth. Possible increased suicidal ideation and attempt with underlying major depression. No safety and efficacy.