What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Clomipramine HCL to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary: REPORTS OF WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS (JITTERINESS, TREMOR, SEIZURES) IN NEONATES
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST MINIMAL EXCRETION RESULTING IN NO ADV EFFECT ON INFANT
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Cardiovascular-May cause orthostatic hypotension at higher doses. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
Giving Clomipramine HCL to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Possible increased suicidal ideation and attempt with underlying major depression. Unknown long term effects on growth.
- Severe Precaution: Unknown long term effects on growth. Possible increased suicidal ideation and attempt with underlying major depression. No safety and efficacy.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.