Who should not take Hyoscyamine Sulfate Tablet, Sublingual?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- overactive thyroid gland
- autonomic neuropathy
- myasthenia gravis, a skeletal muscle disorder
- glaucoma, an increased pressure in the eye
- high blood pressure
- coronary artery disease
- abnormal heart rhythm
- chronic heart failure
- achalasia of esophagus, a condition that makes swallowing difficult
- gastroesophageal reflux disease
- a narrowing of the opening between the stomach and the small intestine
- hiatal hernia
- severe ulcerative colitis
- toxic megacolon
- paralysis of the intestines
- atony of colon
- decreased kidney function
- blockage of the urinary bladder
- enlarged prostate
- a body temperature higher than 101 degrees Fahrenheit
- shock caused by a decrease in blood volume
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Hyoscyamine Sulfate Tablet, Sublingual?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.